Friday, March 4, 2011

3/4/11: Daily Blog

Today I examined my two Tanks again. Tank 1 had 40 live brine shrimp in it. The water is starting to look brown. I don't know if this is poop, but it is pretty disgusting. In Tank 2, there were also 40 living brine shrimp. I didn't add any more oil (5mL in tank). Want to see how the brine shrimp react to this amount of oil. Oil looks like it has spread across the tank. No longer in a clump. Fed brine shrimp in both tanks a sprinkle of yeast.

2 comments:

  1. What else could it be besides poop? What are you feeding them? Maybe that has something to do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the brown stuff in my tank could be because of the change in food. I changed the food to yeast because the brine shrimp food ran out. I probably fed the brine shrimp too much of the yeast and they didn't eat part of it and just left it in the tank. The yeast probably just turned brown after a while, and more yeast was added to the tank almost every day which also affected the color because there was more.

    ReplyDelete